Posted on: January 17th, 2014 - General Information
NEWS TO USE FROM CARNIVAL CRUISE LINE
From the launch of the largest and most innovative “Fun Ship” to date and the continued fleetwide rollout of the family-friendly Seuss at Sea and Camp Ocean children’s programs to an exciting new artist lineup for the popular Carnival LIVE Concert Series, Carnival Cruise Line has a number of developments on tap for the coming year. Here’s a look at some of the many new and exciting initiatives aboard the “Fun Ships”:
- New Carnival Vista to Debut in May 2016 – Carnival’s largest and most innovative ship to date, the 133,500-ton Carnival Vista, is set to debut in May 2016 and offer a variety of exciting new features, including the first IMAX Theater on a cruise ship, a spectacular outdoor suspended cycling experience called SkyRide, the line’s first onboard brewery, the New England-inspired Seafood Shack, and Kaleid-O-Slide, the line’s first raft-riding water tube slide. Carnival Vista will also expand the line’s popular Latin-infused Havana Bar to include the relaxing new Havana Pool and colorful Havana Cabanas featuring private outdoor patios. Taking the Carnival Vista’s name to heart, many of the line’s popular venues – including Bonsai Sushi, Fahrenheit 555 steakhouse, Library Bar and the Cherry On Top candy/ice cream store – will feature indoor/outdoor seating. Carnival Vista will also offer all of the line’s popular Fun Ship 2.0 dining, bar and entertainment concepts, along with a purpose-built Camp Ocean play area and Dr. Seuss Bookville facility, part of the line’s fleetwide Seuss at Sea program. Carnival Vista marks the line’s return to Europe in three years with a series of 18 Mediterranean cruises from Barcelona and Athens May through October. Following a series of voyages from New York, Carnival Vista will reposition to Miami to offer year-round six- and eight-day Caribbean cruises, becoming the line’s largest “Fun Ship” based in South Florida.
- Exclusive Partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises: Carnival’s exclusive partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises brings the beloved children’s brand and favorite characters to the line’s 24-ship fleet. The Seuss at Sea program offers a variety of exciting and immersive on-board youth, family, dining and entertainment experiences featuring the amazing world and words of Dr. Seuss. Highlighting the many fun and whimsical activities in the Seuss at Sea program are the Seuss-A-Palooza story time and parade and the Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast with the Cat in the Hat and Friends, as well as character appearances and photo opportunities throughout the ship and special showings of popular Seuss movies on the poolside LED screens. Carnival Freedom also includes the first-ever Dr. Seuss Bookville facility — a unique and dedicated Seuss-themed play space featuring iconic décor, colors, shapes and funky furniture inspired by the magical world of Dr. Seuss (a Bookville facility will also be featured on Carnival Vista when it enters service in 2016). A variety of Dr. Seuss-themed retail items are available on board, as well. Fleetwide implementation of the Seuss at Sea program is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
- Continued Rollout of Fun Ship 2.0 Enhancement Program – The rollout of the Fun Ship 2.0 product enhancement program – which is transforming the Carnival vacation experience through exciting branded spaces and celebrity partnerships – continues and is now included on roughly half of the fleet with additional vessels scheduled over the next few years. The most ambitious ship refurbishment initiative to date, Fun Ship 2.0 includes partnerships with George Lopez, who serves as the line’s creative director for comedy to enhance the fleetwide Punchliner Comedy Clubs, and Food Network personality Guy Fieri, who developed a new free burger venue called Guy’s Burger Joint. New food and beverage concepts, like the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, BlueIguana Cantina and the “cocktail pharmacy” Alchemy Bar, along with a wide variety of entertainment choices, including the high-tech Playlist Productions and Hasbro, The Game Show, featuring larger-than-life adaptations of the brand’s iconic games, are included, as well.
- Exciting Lineup for Carnival LIVE Concert Series – Following the incredible success of the inaugural season of the Carnival LIVE concert series in 2014, the program is continuing in 2015 with exciting shipboard performances by top recording artists like Journey, Rascal Flatts, Little Big Town, Smokey Robinson, and Styx. Carnival LIVE gives guests the opportunity to experience exclusive live entertainment from major music artists, all at a tremendous value and with great convenience. Guests will have even more Carnival vessels, homeports and itineraries to choose from with a total of 10 “Fun Ships” departing from six convenient U.S. homeports hosting concerts beginning in spring 2015. Artists perform multiple shows on Carnival vessels docked in Cozumel, Nassau and a new port for the program, St. Thomas. Artists board the ship in port, perform in the main show lounge, and then debark following the concert.
- Fleetwide Implementation of New Camp Ocean Children’s Program – Building upon its distinction as the family cruise leader, Carnival is rolling out an exciting new marine-themed children’s program to its 24-ship fleet. The new Camp Ocean program immerses children ages 2-11 in the wonders of the sea through fun, engaging and educational experiences, including 200 new ocean-inspired activities. Camp Ocean is replacing the existing Camp Carnival program and welcomes youngsters in with underwater colored spaces and friendly, experienced staff. Distinctive areas and activities have been custom-created for each of the new age designations which include the Penguins (ages 2-5), Sting Rays (6-8) and Sharks (9-11), with activities and programming tailored to each group. A purpose-built Camp Ocean play area featuring Party Reef, a common shared space that brings each of the groups together, as well as Creative Cove, a breakout room for arts and crafts activities, is featured on the recently refurbished Carnival Freedom. A similar facility will be offered on Carnival Vista when it debuts in spring 2016.
- Carnival Expands Role As Texas’ Number One Cruise Operator – Carnival dramatically increased capacity in Galveston when a third year-round ship, Carnival Freedom, launched Caribbean seven-day service from the Texas port in February 2015. Carnival is the only cruise operator with three year-round ships in Galveston and, including Carnival Freedom, the line is expected to carry a record 600,000 passengers from that port – the most of any cruise operator. Carnival Freedom recently underwent a $70 million makeover that added a variety of Fun Ship 2.0 features along with the first-ever Dr. Seuss Bookville reading venue and expansive Camp Ocean play area. Carnival’s Galveston-based ships also include Carnival Magic, which offers seven-day Caribbean cruises, and Carnival Triumph which sails four- and five-day cruises to Mexico.