Posted on: March 3rd, 2014 - News Blog
Carnival Legend recently returned to service from Tampa with a variety of new and exciting innovations, including a WaterWorks aqua park featuring the exhilarating Green Thunder water attraction, as well as a Twister slide, a children’s spray park and more.
Also new is the tropics-inspired RedFrog Pub, a full-service sushi restaurant called Bonsai Sushi, the Cherry on Top confections and novelty shop, and two new entertainment options, Playlist Productions and Hasbro, The Game Show, all of which were added during a multi-million-dollar makeover in Freeport, The Bahamas.
New features on Carnival Legend include:
- WaterWorks, an aqua park highlighted by Green Thunder – the only attraction of its kind in North America that features an 187-foot-long slide with a pulse-pounding 34-foot-long drop where riders obtain speeds of up to 25 miles per hour; WaterWorks also features the 214-foot-long Twister slide, as well as a splash zone with various spray toys, dual mini-racing slides, and a 150-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket
- RedFrog Pub, a Caribbean-themed watering hole where guests can relax with the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – along with Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red private label draft brew – and enjoy live music while soaking up the distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West ambiance
- Bonsai Sushi, a full-service sushi restaurant offering delicious Asian-inspired delicacies — sushi, sashimi, rolls and more, along with popular beers and cocktails from the region — all enjoyed amidst a contemporary Far East decor
- Cherry On Top, a “candy and more store” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
- Hasbro, The Game Show, where guests are part of the show through a series of larger-than-life productions and entertainment activities based on the company’s iconic and popular games
- Playlist Productions, which builds upon Carnival’s reputation for high quality entertainment, combining captivating live performances and high-tech special effects, all set to popular and recognizable songs
A variety of additional enhancements, including upgraded swimming pools and gym equipment, along with new carpeting, tile work and wall coverings, were also completed during the two-week-long dry dock.
Carnival Legend will continue its current schedule of seven-day Caribbean cruises from Tampa through Aug. 17, then embark on a 13-day Panama Canal transit that ends in Long Beach, Calif., Aug. 30, 2014. The ship will then sail a 23-day trans-Pacific voyage departing Long Beach Aug. 30, and arriving in Sydney, Sept. 22, 2014, positioning the vessel for a seasonal program of eight- to 12-day cruises featuring destinations throughout New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji.
For additional information, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com