Carnival Cruise Lines has earned 10 gold, silver and bronze awards in the inaugural Bon Voyage awards, sponsored by Bon Voyage Magazine presented by cruiseline.com. The awards were presented in a variety of product- and service-related categories and voted on by a five-member panel of judges who included Bon Voyage Editor-in-Chief Sherri Eisenberg and esteemed cruise industry journalists Heidi Sarna, Lisa Cheng, Donna Heiderstadt and Ted Scull. Cruise lines were recognized with gold, silver and bronze awards in the various categories.
Carnival was recognized in a wide range of areas, from free dining options including Guy’s Burger Joint (developed in tandem with Food Network star Guy Fieri) and the BlueIguana Cantina Mexican eatery to the totally transformed Carnival Sunshine which features a host of unique innovations following a massive $155 million makeover.
Carnival’s 10 awards included:
- Gold for Best Refurbished Ship (Carnival Sunshine)
- Gold and Silver for Best Free Takeaway Fare
- Gold for Most Improved Food
- Silver for Best for Singles
- Silver for Best Value
- Silver for Best Nightlife
- Bronze for Best Onboard Evening Entertainment
- Bronze for Best Mainstream Cabins
- Bronze for Best Services for Children (3-12)