Today is National Chocolate Cake Day and what better way to celebrate than with the cruise industry’s most popular dessert, Carnival Cruise Line’s Warm Chocolate Melting Cake.
Served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, Carnival’s Warm Chocolate Melting Cake has been a staple of the line’s dessert menus for many years with more than four million servings of the gooey, decadent confection served annually.
For those who want to recreate this wildly popular dessert at home, the recipe is below.
Yield: 4 Servings
6 oz Dark Chocolate
6 oz Butter
4 ea Eggs
6 oz Sugar
2 oz Flour
- Melt chocolate and butter
- Mix eggs and sugar separately, whisk for few minutes, add flour
- Add egg mixture to the melted chocolate and mix
- Pour mix in a greased mold.
- Bake directly in oven at 400 degrees for 14 minutes
Note: Please make sure that eggs are at room temperature and chocolate is warmed while making the mixture.
Serve with ice cream and fruit garnish.