Carnival Cruise Line was honored with a 2017 WAVE Award in the category of Best Refurbished Ship for Carnival Imagination as part of the TravelAge West WAVE (Western Agents’ Votes of Excellence) Awards held on June 15, 2017.
Last year, Carnival Imagination underwent an extensive, multi-million dollar renovation which added a variety of exciting new food and beverage concepts. The new spaces were added during a three-week dry dock which took place September 2016. The new additions include:
- Guy’s Burger Joint, a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture
- BlueIguana Cantina, a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
- RedFrog Rum Bar, a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red
- Alchemy Bar, a “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge where mixologists “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar, a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
- Cherry On Top, the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
These new venues complement the ship’s popular array of on-board features, including a WaterWorks aqua park with a 300-foot-long Twister slide, the Serenity adults-only retreat with oversized umbrellas and comfortable chaise lounges and the exclusive Seuss at Sea program in partnership with Dr. Seuss Enterprises.
Carnival Imagination operates year-round three- and four-day Baja cruises from Long Beach.
Travel agent professionals throughout the 15 Western states and readers of TravelAge West were invited to vote from a list of Editor’s Pick award recipients. Review methods included product analysis, on-site visits, a survey of a select group of travel agents and online research.
“These awards are a vital part of the travel industry and recognize the ‘best of the best,’” said Bruce Shulman, Publisher of TravelAge West. “Travel professionals who read and rely on TravelAge West can be confident that the winners of a WAVE Award represent those suppliers and destinations committed to bringing the best products and services to their clients.”
TravelAge West will also feature Carnival in a special WAVE Awards Spotlight Issue due out on July 17, 2017.