Carnival Victory will undergo a bow-to-stern refurbishment in 2020 that will add a wide variety of popular branded food, beverage and entertainment innovations. A surprise new dining option will make its debut on Carnival Radiance, as well.
The renovation will complete a $200 million enhancement program and the ship will be renamed Carnival Radiance following a 38-day dry dock which will take place in Cadiz, Spain, from March 18 to April 26, 2020.
Itineraries for the newly renamed Carnival Radiance will be announced and go on sale in mid-November. Carnival Cruise Line fans who want to be the first to book on Carnival Radiance can get a head start by clicking here where they can register to get a “first to know” alert and special promotional offer when itineraries are opened for sale.
Today’s announcement follows previously announced plans to transform Carnival Triumph into Carnival Sunrise next year, part of the company’s eight-year, $2 billion fleetwide modernization program – the largest in cruising.
“Carnival Radiance will offer unprecedented opportunities for our guests to Choose Fun across our entire fleet and enjoy the widest variety of culinary, beverage and entertainment options at sea,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “This investment in Carnival Radiance and our many other refurbishment projects reflects our continued commitment to providing our guests with a fun, high quality vacation experiences across the Carnival fleet regardless of what ship they’re sailing on,” she added.
Carnival Radiance’s wide-ranging enhancements will include exciting new culinary, bar and entertainment enhancements detailed below:
Enticing F&B Innovations
- Cucina del Capitano: offering delicious Italian favorites and new Carnival classics served family-style in an engaging atmosphere reminiscent of a cozy Italian home.
- JavaBlue Café: this expanded version of the line’s popular coffee bars will offer lattes, cappuccinos and other caffeinated favorites, as well as “spiked” coffees made with liqueurs, and decadent confections.
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse: a classic American steakhouse offering mouth-watering steaks, gourmet appetizers, entrees and desserts, with impeccable service and understated ambiance.
- Bonsai Sushi: a full-service Asian restaurant offering a mouth-watering array of sushi, sashimi, rolls and other delicacies from the Far East.
- The Chef’s Table: a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a special glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room.
- Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse: a open-air eatery featuring “real deal” BBQ favorites created by Food Network start and longtime partner Guy Fieri.
- Lido Marketplace: a casual poolside eatery boasting favorites like Seafood Shack offering lobster rolls and other New England-inspired fare; Pizzeria del Capitano serving hand-tossed artisanal-style pies free of charge 24/7, and an expanded Swirls venue with complimentary ice cream and frozen yogurt.
More Than Just Bars and Lounges
- RedFrog Pub: featuring the Caribbean’s best rums and beers – including Carnival’s own ThirstyFrog Red – enjoyed in a distinct British-West-Indies-meets-Key-West atmosphere.
- Piano Bar 88: a new twist on Carnival’s popular piano bar concept that amps up the excitement with themed nights, engaging new décor and spontaneous sing-along fun.
- Limelight Lounge: home to the Punchliner Comedy Club featuring a hilarious line-up of comics which later transforms into a sizzling night club where guests can dance the night away.
- New Multi-Purpose Liquid Lounge: an expansive theater that’s home to captivating daytime and nighttime entertainment, including the line’s high-tech Playlist Productions revues and audience participation favorite Hasbro, The Game Show.
Spectacular Open Deck Attractions
- SportSquare: a suspended ropes course offering heart-racing views to the sea 150 feet below, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables, and a nine-hole miniature golf course highlight this open-area recreation complex.
- WaterWorks: featuring a 203-foot-long AquaTunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide along with a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area.
- Serenity Adult Only Retreat: an adults-only oasis offering plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas, enhanced by dramatic sea views.
Wait, There’s More!
- Cloud 9 Spa: designed as the ultimate refuge for rest and relaxation, the health and wellness center offers an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms, and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment.
- The Warehouse: promising fun for all ages with a variety of the latest video and arcade games.
- Expanded Retail Spaces: a mall-style shopping experience featuring reimagined retail outlets with an expanded assortment of jewelry, watches, fragrances, along with the line’s own branded spaces including The Carnival Store.
These new spaces will complement a wide variety of existing food and beverage outlets, including Guy’s Burger Joint offering hand-crafted burgers and fries, The Deli serving piled-high sandwiches and traditional sides, the poolside RedFrog Rum Bar and BlueIguana Tequila Bar, BlueIguana Cantina offering authentic Mexican tacos and burritos, an expanded Cherry on Top sweets shop, and the cocktail pharmacy-themed Alchemy Bar. The ship’s staterooms were also recently renovated with a new tropical color palette and new accommodation choices, including luxurious Captain’s Suites with floor to ceiling windows.
To learn more about Carnival Cruise Line, visit Carnival.com. For reservations, contact any travel agent or call 1-800-CARNIVAL. Carnival can also be found on: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.