Carnival Cruise Line announced today it will expand its offering of seasonal European sailings in 2024 and opened reservations for a series of 17 cruises that will take guests to some of the world’s most picturesque seaports aboard Carnival Legend. Once the 2024 Europe season is completed, Carnival Legend will mark its return to the U.S. at a new homeport in Tampa, Fla.
“This extensive series for 2024 offers an excellent variety of itinerary lengths and options for our valued guests who want to experience Europe the best way possible: with our amazing crew providing outstanding service along with all the favorite venues aboard a Fun Ship,” said Christine Duffy, president of Carnival Cruise Line. “Our guests who sail with us in Europe enjoy exploring diverse and spectacular destinations across the continent while simultaneously enjoying the comfort and convenience of having the amenities they know and love available to them on board.”
Carnival Legend’s European series begins with a 12-day Transatlantic cruise from Baltimore, Md, on April 15, 2024. This sailing will include visits to Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal; Malaga and Valencia, Spain.
From Europe, the ship will operate a wide range of itineraries for guests who want to explore the distinctive beauty and rich culture of the region from three homeports in three different countries: Barcelona, Spain; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; and Dover (London), United Kingdom. Among the many sensational itineraries to choose from are:
- Eight-Day Mediterranean Sailing departs Barcelona, Spain on May 30, 2024, and visits Malta; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Italy; Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy; Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Italy; and Toulon (Provence), France.
- Nine-Day Western Europe Sailing departs Barcelona, Spain on June 7, 2024, and visits Malaga, Sevilla (Cadiz), and La Coruña, Spain; Lisbon and Leixões (Porto), Portugal; and Le Havre (Paris), France.
- Nine-Day British Isles Sailing departs Dover, UK on June 28, 2024, and visits Holyhead, Wales, UK; Glasgow (Greenock), Scotland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Liverpool, England; Dublin (Dun Laoghaire) Ireland; and Cork (Cobh), Ireland.
- 12-Day Iceland Sailing departs Dover, UK on July 7, 2024, and visits Dublin (Dun Laoghaire) Ireland; Belfast, Northern Ireland; Reykjavik, Iceland; Grundarfjordur, Iceland; Akureyri, Iceland; Seydisfjordur, Iceland; and Invergordon, Scotland.
- 10-Day Greek Isles Sailing departs Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy on Aug. 27, 2024, and visits Mykonos, Greece; Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey; Santorini, Greece; Athens, Greece; Katakolon, Greece; Messina (Sicily) and Naples (Capri/Pompeii), Italy.
Carnival Legend will sail Europe throughout the summer season and into the fall, departing Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy on Oct. 26, 2024, and visiting Cartagena, Spain; Funchal (Madeira) and Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal before crossing the Atlantic and stopping in Nassau, The Bahamas before arriving at the ship’s new homeport of Tampa, Fla.
The 2,200-guest Carnival Legend features several accommodation options, including 50 suites and more than 630 balcony staterooms. Guests will find many of the signature venues they know and love on board – from Guy’s Burger Joint to the BlueIguana Cantina, the RedFrog and Alchemy bars, as well as WaterWorks Aqua Park and The Punchliner Comedy Club.
In addition, Carnival Glory will sail a 14-day Transatlantic voyage on April 18, 2024, that features several popular European destinations, including Valencia, and Las Palmas (Canary Islands), Spain, before arriving to its new homeport of Port Canaveral, Fla.
Carnival’s 2024 offerings build on the cruise line’s popular European season. Carnival Pride will soon begin 2023’s series of over a dozen European cruises from May through October. The 2023 season features various cruise lengths and itineraries with departures from Dover, UK and Barcelona, Spain. In addition, Transatlantic voyages for Carnival Freedom were also added to the 2023 schedule, with voyages between Port Canaveral, Fla. and Barcelona, Spain set for this fall currently open for sale.
Once she arrives to her new homeport of Tampa, Fla., Carnival Legend will offer six-, seven- and eight-day cruises from her new homeport. Cruise options include a Panama Canal sailing in addition to several Western Caribbean itineraries, which include visits to popular destinations such as Belize, Costa Maya and Cozumel, Mexico as well as Montego Bay, Jamaica and Grand Cayman.